Heavenly Batting made 100% of Flame Retardant Fibers – Crib Size 60″ x 46″ – Natural – Mid Loft
Dream Angel Flame Retardant Quilt Batting is made of fibers that are specially engineered to be inherently flame retardant. The fibers are designed not to melt or flow when in contact with flame. The fibers are inherently flame retardant with no chemical coatings and no PBDEs. Dream Angel Batting can be machine washed and dried and will not lose the flame retardant quality. Dream Angel was tested by an independent laboratory and meets both international standards and the Technical DRAFT CAL 604*.
Why use Dream Angel? Our customers often ask: “Why use a flame retardant quilt batting when the outside of the quilt can burn?” Our answer: The fact that the outer fabric can burn or ignite is the very reason to use Dream Angel! Regular batting, stuffing, fiberfil, foam, etc can often act as quick ‘kindling’ materials that promote a fire: consequently, a terrifying fact is a bedroom fire can ‘flash over’ in a matter of minutes.
Dream Angel batting is developed to act as a flame ‘barrier’ within the quilt.
In order to pass the then Technical Cal 604* Draft – the testing lab puts together two layers of fabric with the batting in the middle (an ‘unquilted’ quilt sandwich). They place the layers on an elevated screen so that air flows in all directions. The lab then ignites the top layer of fabric. To pass the Cal 604 Draft – the batting must act as a flame barrier and prevent the fire from spreading from the top burning fabric to the bottom fabric layer. Dream Angel, in the Select lofts, passed this very strict testing guideline by successfully acting as a flame barrier. Another advantage is that Dream Angel fibers will char. The most effective flame retardant fibers are those that will char and convert from their original organic structure to a less volatile carbonaceous structure (char). The charring helps the batting in retaining thermal barrier qualities.**
Quilters Dream Angel Features:
- Two types of inherently flame retardant fibers are used in our proprietary blend.
- The Flame retardant fibers are blended, carded, crosslapped & needlepunched into a beautiful, soft, cozy batting, very resistant to creasing.
- Heavenly for both hand and machine quilting.
- Confidently stitch up to 6″ apart.
- No need to prewash. Minimal Shrinkage.
- Finished quilt may be machine washed & dried.
- Dream Angel drapes beautifully and is excellent for hand and machine quilting.
Quilters Dream Angel Color & Lofts:
- Light Creamy Natural in Color. Available in Select Lofts.
Quilters Dream Angel Sizes:
- Available in precut packaged sizes from craft to king size, on bolt/boards 46″ or 60″ wide x 15 yards, and on rolls 93″ or 120″ wide x 30 yards.
*the Technical Cal 604 Draft requirements to become law has been suspended.
***Read Dream Angel package inserts for further information and disclaimers.